COP+23 International Climate Change Course 2017-18
The COP+23 International Climate Change Short Course is open for Registration from August 01, 2017.
COP Program (2015-2030) was launched in Paris during COP21. The COP+ short-courses are central to the COP program; they have been hailed for their unique approach and the associated discussion forum.
COP+23 international short course builds upon the legacy of previous COP+ short courses. The COP Program (and RIO program) has been appreciated by the present Hon’ble Executive Secretary, UNFCCC, Patricia Espinosa and was granted labelled event status by UNFCCC Steering Committee during COP22.
COP+23 International Course Highlights
COP+ short courses are unique courses which emphasize on sharing perspectives on climate change through an annual program in the context of United Nations led COP conferences.
Purpose: The purpose of the content is to build perspectives
Online Content: The content is designed in a feature-writeup style interspersed with short videos related to the content.
Topics: The topics (see below) of the short-course are weaved through the fabric of the entire content.
Online Classroom: The participant driven discussions takes place in our edmodo classroom. The discussions are moderated and often stimulated by our researchers.
Special Guests: The COP program invites scholars to contribute to the COP program in the form of lectures, Q & A sessions, presentations or write-ups.
Foreign Trip Winners: National Participants have been sent to UN conferences on the basis of their performance in assessments.
Fee & Eligibility
Eligibility: Undergraduate and Above | Disciplines: Open for all Disciplines
Mode: Online Course | Interaction Platform: Edmodo
Course live Date: August 15, 2017
Fee for National Participants
₹ 999 for students | ₹ 1999 for Others
Fee for International Participants
€ 29 for students | € 49 for Others
Group Participation Concession
Please email us on [email protected]
Institute Fee Refund Policy – If a participant chooses to withdraw from the course within 5 calendar days of getting access then the paid fee will be refunded.
Fee Waivers: 100 participants (mostly students) will be eligible for fee assistance for the year 2017-18. The fee waiver form will be available from August 15, 2017.
Course Syllabus & How it Works
United Nations & Climate Change
- Roadmap of UN Climate Initiatives
- Ratification of COP21 Paris Agreement
- COP23: The COP of Joint Action
Economics & Law
- The Making of the Paris Rulebook 2018
- Frontiers of Climate Change Law
- The elusive Climate Finance Mechanism
- Climate Engineering: Ethics and Necessity
- Climate Engineering: The scope in UN Framework
- Climate Change: Frontiers of Integrated Engineering
- Robotics of Climate Change
- Artificial Intelligence and Climate Action
- Big Data of Climate Change
Business & Jobs
- Climate Change: Business Sector Impacts
- The New Jobs of Climate Change
- Climate Entrepreneurship
- The Psychology of Climate Change
- Evolutionary Responses to Climate Change
- Climate Change: A Public Health Issue
- Bioinformatics for Climate Change
- The Pharmacy of Climate Change
- Climate Change: A Public Health Issue
- Individual Action to Combat Climate Change
- Tracking NDCs: National and Local Implementation
- The Nexus of Climate Change
War & Peace
- State of Fear: The New Climate Change Debate
- The Art of Climate Diplomacy
- Wars of Climate Change
- Climate Change: Behavioral Challenges
- Climate Change: Fashion, Art, Society and Culture
- The Climate Action Culture
How it Works
Enroll Register for the program directly or through the campus ambassador / coordinator.
Fee Payment – National Participants
Fill the online form and pay the fee online through our payment gateway
Fee Payment – International Participants
Fill the online form and pay the fee via paypal.
Institute Refund Policy
If a participant chooses to withdraw from the course within 7 calendar days of getting access then the paid fee will be refunded.
Access: The access to online program and virtual classroom will be provided.
Assessments: Online Assessment based on Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) & Short Essay Questions
Grading: Grades A+, A and B will be awarded.
Certification: On successful completion of assessment, certificate will be awarded
Rewards like medallions (if applicable) will be dispatched along with certificates
Win a Trip to Germany
Who is eligible for Win A Trip to Germany?
Indian citizens (residing in India) are eligible for this opportunity.
There will be 1 – 2 winner(s) and he / she will represent us as a goodwill ambassador at the summit.
How will the winner(s) be decided?
This process will involve two steps;
Participants will be shortlisted on the basis of aggregate grading of the assessment Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) + Short Notes. Here, more importance will be given to the short notes.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to write a statement of purpose and may be telephoned as well.
The winners will be declared in October 2017.
The decision of IARC’ Centre for United Nations will be final and abiding.
What costs will be covered of the trip?
The following costs will be covered
- To and fro air ticket to Cologne, Germany
- Visa fees including access to premium lounge services
- Goodwill allowance of 100 euros.
Please Note – No other costs are covered however we will make recommendations in regards staying options etc as made available by COP23 organizers.
What documents do I need to travel to Germany?
For any travel related enquiries, please see the website VFS Global http://www.vfs-germany.co.in/
Please note all travel related correspondence will have to be handled directly by the winners.